Angeline Bautista, Art 410, Fall 2010

Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Artists in Culture Jamming

The art of Culture Jamming is a fun one, and this project reminds me of a website that I visit once in a while called "Hacked IRL" which is a collection of images and videos of culture jamming found everywhere and anywhere.  I don't think all of these are done by a single artist, but rather done by anyone with paper and a pen, and who happen to find something worth jamming.  And the jamming does not happen with just media ads, it happens on bathroom walls, bulletin boards, and even the street pavement.  Here are a few examples of my favorites:


culture jamming win - And Do It Now!


culture jamming graffiti - Stop for Monsters




-------------------------------------------

Another artist, or image really, that I came across the Google while searching images for logos is this one which more can be found on http://marioav.blogspot.com/ .  I can't say much about the artist, because his blog is in a different language.  But looking at the images, I can tell he is a graphic artist and he did these logo mashups for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment