Angeline Bautista, Art 410, Fall 2010

Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Alter Ego, Internet Identity

This project with guest artists Liz Rossoff was all about identities and the Internet.  In this assignment, she had us all create a fake identity and establish a presence on the Internet.  We did this through creating an email and "facebook" accounts.

My "alter ego" is a girl named "Katherine  Martin," a name I came up by asking my boyfriend for random names that comes to his mind.  She's a young lady, has a cynical outlook and a dark personality and sense of humor.  She's quite antisocial and quite a wonder that she even joined a social networking page.  She doesn't talk to anyone, doesn't update much, and has a few "friends" added.  When creating Katherine, I imagined how I would be like if I continued liking the things I did when I was in Middle School.  In middle school, I went through a "dark phase" and was obsessed with all things "gothic" and "dark" and thought I was different from everyone.  For my image, I took a picture of myself, but I put on heavy, dark eye make-up, made myself really pale; I basically put on clothes and make-up that I normally wouldn't wear to make myself look like a completely different person to those who know me.  It was actually a bit difficult to act and remember what it was that I liked back then and why.  It made me think of how I am now and how I changed as I age.  My interests are radically different from back then, but my personality actually pretty  much stayed the same.

If you'd like to add my alter ego to facebook, her email is katskage@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment